Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Historical fiction review

I finished Touching Stars last night, Jan. 31. I had a hard time rating this book. It was predictable, but what kept me reading was the historical sub-plot. I had always believed what the history books said, that John Wilkes Booth was killed shortly after he assassinated President Lincoln. Yet in this book, the story is given that John Wilkes Booth recovered on a farm in the Shenandoah Valley. An archeological camp for teenagers is being held on the inn's property, where Booth supposedly recovered.

Touching Stars is book #4 in the Emilie Richards' Shenandoah Album series. I loved the fact I could pick up this book, out of order, & have an update on Helen Henry & Cissy from Wedding Ring, book #1. Wedding Ring closed with Cissy, 8 months pregnant, marrying Zeke. So, it was fun to catch up with Cissy.


4 stars, a low 4 stars.
© 2007

alt + 0169 = ©

First book in Historical Fiction mini challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment