Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Finished Joshua

Finished Joshua & started Judges. It is like deja vu. My gosh, it's a vicious cycle. Moses delivers the Israelites from the Egyptians, they wander in the wilderness for 40 years. Lehi & his family flee to the wilderness. The Lord parts the Red Sea. Lehi's family cross the ocean.
The reign of the judges is similar in many ways to the history of the Nephites prior to the coming of Christ. It is a story of one continuous cycle of apostasy and repentance.
I studied the Book of Mormon in 9th grade in high school & the Old Testament as a senior. I remember I did not like the Old Testament. I always thought it was my seminary teacher, but ... could it have been the actual volume of scripture??? I have never seen the similarities before.

No comments:

Post a Comment