Thursday, August 26, 2010

More scripture reading

The internet was down most of Monday evening. By the time I got through checking my communities, it was almost midnight. I had a long day at work, so I only read 1 Samuel chapter 16.

I didn't read Tuesday evening  because I went to Logan to a business meeting for doTerra, an essential oils company.

Wednesday I got a blinding headache at the doctor's office. I wondered if we were going to get home. When the visual disturbance finally left, it felt like someone had taken a baseball bat to the base of my skull & then was so very nauseated. I went to bed at 10:30 p.m. & slept until 10:10 a.m. Of course, there was no reading, of any kind.

Tonight when I logged in to read my scriptures, I had an email from readthescriptures.com informing me I am 15 days behind schedule. In requesting another reading assignment, this was the quote:
"Our Heavenly Father never gives up on us... But we must have the desire to open the door, even if it shakes the very foundation of our past beliefs and way of life... Our Father in Heaven will never take away our agency. We must seek after or desire to know our Father and His Son, Jesus Christ."

--Elder Ronald T. Halverson, "I Stand at the Door, and Knock," Ensign, November 2004, 32
I plan to go to bed early again tonight because I had another visual disturbance this afternoon. I hate it when they piggy back on to each other. Tomorrow's another busy day.
"We should not allow our personal values to erode, even if others think we are peculiar. "
--President James E. Faust Ensign, May 1998, 19
I did read tonight from the Old Testament, 1 Samuel 17-18 for a total of 88 scriptures.

No comments:

Post a Comment