Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Finished Judges

Judges is a very interesting book. I made a couple of notes to use in this entry.

The theme of the book is captured with the last scripture in the book:
Judges 21:25 In those days there was no king in Israel: every man did that which was right in his own eyes.
I didn't remember the stories of Deborah & Samson being in this book. I have never noticed the references to lefthandedness either. There were 2 in Judges.
Judges 20:16 Among all this people there were seven hundred chosen men lefthanded; every one could sling stones at an hair breadth, and not miss.
My DH & DSY are both lefthanded, as is the assistant editor at work.

I have really slowed down in reading my scriptures. Even though I still read daily, I don't read the recommended 109 verses every night. I am 13 days behind the schedule I set for myself. I wanted to finish the Old Testament by Dec. 31. It is better to read consistently though. I may be able to catch up. Ruth is coming up & it is one of my favorite books of scripture.

No comments:

Post a Comment