Thursday, September 2, 2010

Behind on my scripture reading

I am 21 days behind on the reading schedule I set up for the Old Testament. Unless I do a reading marathon, I will not be finished by Dec. 31.

I love the quotes that readthescriptures.com send with the Reading Completed and Request Next Reading notifications. Today Reading Completed was:
"Because of Christ there is hope smiling brightly before you, and you need not worry too much about sickness, death, poverty, or other afflictions. The Lord will take care of you. Your responsibility is to keep the commandments, feast upon the words of Christ, and stay in the path to your heavenly home."
--Julie B. Beck, "There Is Hope Smiling Brightly before Us", Ensign, May 2003, 103
and from Request Next Reading:
"Please don't nag yourself with thoughts of failure. Do not set goals far beyond your capacity to achieve. Simply do what you can do, in the best way you know, and the Lord will accept of your effort."
--Gordon B. Hinckley, "Rise to the Stature of the Divine within You," Ensign, Nov. 1989, 94
 Today I had 3 legals at work. One was a foreclosure. I translated the document, opened it & scanned down through it to find the name of who was being foreclosed on so I could write it on the form. Mine & Don's name literally jumped out on me. Interesting how most of the time I have to search for those names, but not today. It was like I'd been kicked in the gut.

I'd been thinking of the scripture in the Gospels where Christ says "Consider the lilies of the field" & here were these 2 quotes. Kind of cool, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment