Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Finished Joel and Amos

It took me 5 days to read Amos & there are only 9 chapters. I have been reading for pleasure instead of studying the scriptures. Several nights I didn't get to bed until 3 a.m. I should know better than to do it. I always end up with a migraine if I don't get enough sleep.

Tonight when I read Amos 8:11-12
 11 ¶ Behold, the days come, saith the Lord God, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water,but of hearing the words of the Lord

  12 And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the Lord, and shall not find it.
I immediately thought of the Dark Ages, not realizing there was also a "dark ages" from 400 BC until John the Baptist's ministry started in 30 A.D.

I should have known that. I still wonder where I was in Seminary. Luana said she had Jack Cherrington as her Old Testament teacher in Seminary when she was a senior in high school in 1948. Twenty years later I had him as my Old Testament teacher when I was a senior in 1968! I didn't realize Luana had Seminary. Mother didn't, but she graduated from high school in 1944.

No comments:

Post a Comment