Friday, July 30, 2010

Dewey Decimal System

Look what I found!!!
The Dewey Decimal Classification System
000 – Computer science, information & general works
100 – Philosophy and psychology
200 – Religion
300 – Social sciences
400 – Language
500 – Science (including mathematics)
600 – Technology
700 – Arts and recreation
800 – Literature
900 – History, geography, and biography
Can you tell I'm excited??? This year I have a general Dewey Decimal challenge. One book per classification for a total of 10 books in a year. I split the 900 series out into it's own category for 12 biographies/memoir for the year. Actually, by the time I read the biography, history, geography, whatever, I will have read 13 from the 900 series, plus another one (14) that I counted in the to be read (TBR) challenge. The classifications I'm most interested in are the 200 series, religion; 600, technology; & 900, biography/memoir.

I have read 6 memoir/biographies already this year, however, only 4 have been counted as memoir/biography. I have read 4 in the 200 series & am working on my 5th. And I have read several in the 600 series.

No comments:

Post a Comment