Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Finished Leviticus

I finished Leviticus last night, July 6. I started it on June 27. Here are some excerpts from my Read the Scriptures daily journal. I read the scriptures from the Church's online edition of the scriptures (KJV) & also from the Church's Institute of Religion Courses Old Testament Student Manual (OTSM)

  • June 27: It is interesting to me that Leviticus is the priesthood manual of that generation. This reading assignment was again accomplished with my nose wrinkled & a hasty read, more of a skimming  w/a more thorough read of the OTSM.
  • July 2: Read through chapter 20 last night & became quite overwhelmed, so gave up & decided to finish the reading assignment tonight. And perhaps start on Day 32's assignment. Another note I made that night was: Question: With all this killing of animals, first born no less, how did they ever have any animals?
  • July 3: (Lev. 24:20) Was the Law of Moses Really an Eye for an Eye? (OTSM) This misunderstanding is unfortunate because it makes the law appear cold, unbending, and revengeful. This misconception has resulted from a failure to distinguish between the social law and the criminal law." Hmmm, interesting, I  I didn't know there was a difference. actually did not know there was a social law AND a criminal law.

No comments:

Post a Comment